I'm back!

 So, yeah, it's been a while... 

I abandoned this blog some four years ago for the simple reason that it just wasn't getting very many hits and it wasn't really worth the time and effort to maintain it. 

A couple of significant changes happened recently career-wise, though, that I decided to bring this old blog back from the dead. First, with a new emphasis at News 24 on in-depth reviews and features rather than reviewing every single thing that comes out, there are a number of big movies (and TV shows) that I've seen of late that I haven't covered, and I've been itching to write about them.

Just as importantly, I finally have the chance to improve the readership of this blog, as I was recently accredited as an official critic on Rotten Tomatoes (as in, my reviews will now count towards the "Tomatometer score"), so hopefully, by having these reviews side by side with my "official" reviews, they might draw more than the dozen or so readers I used to get. It's probably also a good idea to constantly be uploading new reviews to my RT page once I have finally gotten around to uploading, what, 14 years-worth of old reviews?!

These reviews, incidentally, will (hopefully) be much shorter than my News 24 reviews, and they will always take second place to my paid work. I hope to add a new review fairly regularly, but they won't always be as timely as I might want them to be - as you'll see by the first batch of reviews I'll be releasing over the next few days.

And, no, it doesn't take a genius to work out just which films I'll be tackling first. Let's just say that it's been an exciting month or two in the cinemas... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oppenheimer

Barbie

Godzilla Minus One